Julianne Hough apologizes for blackface, while dressing as 'Orange Is the New Black' character for Halloween
- Photo: WP#ACL/ZOJ/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: WP#ACL/ZOJ/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: WP#ACL/ZOJ/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Alberto Reyes/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: AP Images/Wonderwall5 of 10
- Photo: BEImages/Jim Smeal/Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: BEImages/Jim Smeal/Rex USA7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Sincerest form of flattery? Not exactly. Julianne Hough's Halloween costume is stirring up quite the controversy, and rubbing people the wrong way. The "Safe Haven" actress showed up to a Halloween party in Beverly Hills, Calif., dressed in blackface on Friday.
The 25-year-old was photographed dressed as the character Crazy Eyes (played by Uzo Aduba) from the new Netflix hit, "Orange Is the New Black."
Hough went all out for her costume, wearing orange prison attire, her hair in a knotted 'do and even had an I.D. with the name "Crazy Eyes" on it. The former Dancing With the Stars professional dancer looked to be with a group of six female friends dressed up as several of the other fictional inmates as well.
Hearing of the backlash, Hough quickly took to Twitter to respond the following day. "I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created," she wrote on Saturday. "It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize."
Hough's ex Ryan Seacrest also was in attendance at the party, but the two didn't seem to interact with each other, a source tells Us Weekly. The two split in March after dating for more than two years.
The "Footloose" star's unfortunate choice of clothing comes as Hough is in mid-production of her latest film, "Curve." The Netflix series "OITNB" is currently filming its second season, and is set to return in 2014.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite