Jury Dismisses Baldwin's Lawsuit Against Costner
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Marcus Brandt/ddp/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Georgios Kefalas/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Schultz-Coulon/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros.7 of 16
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Orion Pictures/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Phil Klein/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- It's Angelina Jolie vs. Ben Affleck vs. Michael Keaton as Awards Season Kicks OffMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:51:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse Lawsuit
After deliberating for less than two hours, a jury rejected claims that Kevin Costner and his business partner swindled actor Stephen Baldwin out of millions in regards to a lucrative BP contract for oil cleanup devices in the aftermath of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico spill.
"My name means more to me than money and that's why we didn't settle," said Costner to the Associated Press shortly after the verdict was read in a New Orleans courtroom.
Baldwin and friend Spyridon Contogouris were seeking $17 million dollars in damages from the lawsuit which claimed that Costner convinced them to sell their shares in his Ocean Therapies Solutions. Had they known then that BP intended to buy the company's oil cleanup devices, they say they would never have sold their shares. BP spent an estimated $52 million on the oil-separating centrifuges.
Baldwin would not make a statement, but his attorney James Cobb told the press his client was "disappointed" in the verdict.
"We thought we proved rather convincingly that these two guys, Mr. Costner and Mr. Smith, defrauded us," he said. "The jury saw it a different way but we respect the jury's verdict."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite