Jury Dismisses Baldwin's Lawsuit Against Costner
- Photo: Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Marcus Brandt/ddp/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Georgios Kefalas/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Schultz-Coulon/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros.7 of 16
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Orion Pictures/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Phil Klein/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional14 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After Hospitalization
After deliberating for less than two hours, a jury rejected claims that Kevin Costner and his business partner swindled actor Stephen Baldwin out of millions in regards to a lucrative BP contract for oil cleanup devices in the aftermath of the 2010 Gulf of Mexico spill.
"My name means more to me than money and that's why we didn't settle," said Costner to the Associated Press shortly after the verdict was read in a New Orleans courtroom.
Baldwin and friend Spyridon Contogouris were seeking $17 million dollars in damages from the lawsuit which claimed that Costner convinced them to sell their shares in his Ocean Therapies Solutions. Had they known then that BP intended to buy the company's oil cleanup devices, they say they would never have sold their shares. BP spent an estimated $52 million on the oil-separating centrifuges.
Baldwin would not make a statement, but his attorney James Cobb told the press his client was "disappointed" in the verdict.
"We thought we proved rather convincingly that these two guys, Mr. Costner and Mr. Smith, defrauded us," he said. "The jury saw it a different way but we respect the jury's verdict."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite