Just Wondering: Are Ashton and Demi's Charity Necklaces In Bad Taste?Related: Just Wondering, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore
- Photo: Starface.ru/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Promotional2 of 9
- Photo: Michael Buckner for Audi/Getty Images North America3 of 9
- Photo: Andre Penner/AP4 of 9
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin5 of 9
- Photo: Ronald Zak/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apoMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:48:07 PM
- Review: Spirited, sexy version of 'Master Builder'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:42:37 PM
- Lease to Broadway's biggest theater soldMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:31:38 PM
- Blossoming VOD Service Viewster Adds BBC's 'Skins,' Starz and Shine ProgrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:26:11 PM
- Ray Manzarek Death: 5 Must-See Performances (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apo
The "winners" of Wonderwall's first ever poorly-executed-attempt-at-charitable-goodwill award goes to Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher for their line of blinged-out handcuff necklaces, currently being sold to benefit awareness of -- wait for it -- child sex slavery.
As reported by Luxist, the necklaces are the product of Ashton and Demi's collaboration with jeweler Jack Vartanian and (for some strange reason) were created specifically for Valentine's Day. Retail prices of the gold and diamond necklaces range from $710 to $2,140, and half the proceeds will go to the Demi and Ashton (DNA) Foundation, which advocates for the elimination of child sex trafficking.
We hate to point out the fault of a charitable organization, but how is it possible that no one's red flag-o-meter went off at the idea of using a symbol of bondage to raise awareness for a cause where forced bondage is often involved?
Anything would be better: a dove to symbolize hope, a heart to symbolize care, a butterfly to symbolize new life. Basically anything would be better than a symbol of entrapment.
Would someone sell gold and diamond-studded baseball bats to raise awareness for domestic abuse? Or jewel-encrusted syringes to raise money for anti-drug awareness? It just doesn't make sense.
Demi Moore recently responded to criticism telling the New York Daily News that the symbol is not offensive to victims of sex trafficking: "(The necklace) symbolizes the bond of love and the importance of freedom."
No offense to Mrs. Kutcher, but did she happen to ask any victims of child sex trafficking what handcuffs mean to them? I think it's safe to assume that their first response would not be "freedom."
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite