Just Wondering: Can I Hop in that Hot Tub with John Cusack?Related: Just Wondering, Demi Moore, John Cusack
- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 5
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Saryn Chorney
Amongst the Johnny Depp sightings, Megan Fox's "I'm pretty sexy" ramblings and a bunch of howling "New Moon" fans in San Diego this week, an epic -- some might say prophetic -- event in sci-fi film history took place: the debut of the "Hot Tub Time Machine" trailer at Comic-Con. (Warning: NSFW!)
The provocatively titled movie stars my most beloved '80s boyfriend John Cusack, as well as Rob Corddry ("The Daily Show") and Craig Robinson ("Pineapple Express"), and features cameos from Chevy Chase and George McFly himself, Crispin Glover. The plot revolves around a group of dudes who, after a night of drinking Red Bulls and vodka followed by a hot tub chaser, end up time travelin' back to 1986. Basically, it's "Bachelor Party" meets "Back to the Future" starring a grown-up Hoops McCann from "One Crazy Summer." Who doesn't want to see this movie? More importantly, will Demi Moore reprise her role as Cassandra? Shockozulu and mrskutcher, please discuss!
According to inside sources, Cusack and co. end up at a ski resort -- wait a second, does this mean the movie is a sequel to "Better Off Dead"? Will Lane Meyer face-off against Roy Stalin (Aaron Dozier aka the poor man's Ted McGinley) on the slopes again? I'm not sure, but I hope Craig Robinson loves that fresh snow as much as Curtis Armstrong (Booger from "Revege of the Nerds") once did.
According to author Chuck Klosterman, "Countless women born between the years of 1965 and 1978 are in love with John Cusack." Being a '78 baby myself, I can honestly say this is an accurate statement. Cusack's star turn as Lloyd Dobbler in 1989's "Say Anything" solidified his unique heartthrob status. Who wants to end up in a hot tub with John Cusack one day? Pretty much every woman you know.
OK, so maybe his career has become a little lackluster since 2000's "High Fidelity" (sorry, "Must Love Dogs" was just shameless rom com pandering), but I'm confident that this flick -- possibly pushed along by a little movie called "2012" -- will put Cusack back on top. 1980s style.
Once upon a time ... in 1985 ... he gave us his cinematic heart and we gave him our allowance. Cusack, hold a boombox up in front of the theater and your lady fans will return.
(Every guy I know already wants to see this movie.)
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite