Just Wondering: Does Jennifer Lopez Sound Happy To You?Related: Just Wondering, Jennifer Lopez
- Photo: Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Pacific Coast News2 of 8
- Photo: AP3 of 8
- Photo: Adrian Varnedoe/Pacific Coast News4 of 8
- Photo: AP5 of 8
- Photo: Shuji Kajiyama/AP6 of 8
- Photo: AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
By Saryn Chorney
Look, I've never been a huge fan of Jennifer Lopez's music. In fact, I've never been a huge fan of her acting, either. But in terms of being a mega-successful celebrity, she's right up there on my A-List. As far as I'm concerned, the woman opened the door wide open for Latinas in Hollywood -- and opened the door even wider for gals with "I'm Real"-style hips and butts (Kim Kardashian, *cough cough*). She's also a pretty fly dancer, if you ask me and any "In Living Color" fans. From the Diddy club shooting scandal to the disaster that was "Gigli," Jenny from the Block has always managed to sound positive when speaking to the press. So, when I read this recent interview with Extra, I became alarmed.
Lopez is supposedly promoting her new film "The Back-Up Plan," about a woman who gets artificially inseminated coincidentally on the same day she meets Mr. Right -- and yes, this sounds more like a Jennifer Aniston star vehicle to me, too, but I digress. The role is Lopez's first since giving birth to her twins Emme and Max last year, and the star sounds downright fragile and exhausted. What happened to the devil-may-care gal who once sassed Ja Rule and even gave Jane Fonda a run for her "tough broad" money (purely talking box office, people) in "Monster-in-Law"? This new Jenny is totally depressing me.
On losing the baby weight:
"You have those last 10 or 20, 15 or 20 that just don't want to go and you have to work really hard, and I had to work really hard too. I had to diet and work out. I had to do a lot."
As you may recall, the new mom gained over 60 lbs., and in order to help lose the excess weight, ran a triathalon just a few months after giving birth. Still, fashion critics and some evil bloggers made fun of a little extra "back fat" showing in a photo taken at the Academy Awards. Jeez, give her a friggin' break! She had twins -- that's TWO children at once that she bore -- no adoption, no surrogate, no nothin' but too-busy-buying-the-Dolphins husband Marc Anthony (OK, and probably a few nannies) to help out.
On going back to work:
"Staying home with the kids and watching everything they do ... it's fun, [but] I can never sit totally still. [Filming] was actually perfect. I enjoyed the time with the babies."
I don't think it's too difficult to read between the lines here, folks. This woman didn't become a triple-threat mogul by sitting at home watching soap operas all day. She likes working more than she likes changing diapers. I know that I'm not one to criticize, how about you?
On bringing the kids with her to work:
"They've been with me almost every day on the set. I don't think [they realize what I do]. Once in awhile, they look at the monitor and go, 'Mama.'"
Uh, we're not so sure this is a good sign. Do they get to see their mama any other way? We also wonder if they've ever looked at Splinter from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and said, "Dada."
On wearing a fake pregnancy belly for the "The Back-Up Plan":
"A bunch of us who have babies, were like, 'It would be great when you are pregnant. You could take it off five times during the pregnancy, only for a half hour. Then you have to put it back on. That would be awesome.' It would be perfect. But you can't."
Nope, you can't. C'mon, Jenny. If a mama kangaroo can do it for another 9 months after giving birth, you can do it too. It's not like you had to run that triathalon with Max and Emma hanging from a BabyBjorn.
On the biggest lesson she's learned since becoming a mother:
"You just mature so quickly in such a deep way and you think life is short and you have to just go for things. You can't be afraid to try or do your best. Just do it ... that's the example I want to set for my children, as well. It's like you can do anything. The only thing that ever holds us back is fear. It's a useless emotion."
This sounds familiar. Hey, did J.Lo rip this speech straight out of the movie "Enough"? Thought so.
On her kids growing up so fast:
"They're more than walking now. They're starting to talk. I put Max to bed yesterday and I said, 'I love you, baby. I'll see you tomorrow.' And he was like, 'I love you.'
Wait a second. What about Emme? Did she get to stay up late watching "Enough" with Mommy? Not fair.
On having more kids with Marc Anthony:
"I would love to have more kids. I don't know if we will. I don't know if that's in the cards for us, but we'll see."
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say it: Not gonna happen.
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite