Just Wondering: Why is Bette Midler giving Jen Aniston love advice?Related: Just Wondering, Jennifer Aniston, John Mayer
- Photo: AP1 of 7
- Photo: Sam / Starface/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: Peter Mazel/Retna Digital3 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Kelly A. Swift/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Melissa Hunter
Bette Midler may be a singer-actor-dancer-multi-hyphenate-extroadinaire, but now she's adding a new role to her repretoire: Hollywood's prying grandmother.
No, she's not force-feeding young starlets her tuna casserole (though she really should), but playing matchmaker to our favorite A-list single-girl sob story: Jennifer Aniston.
People Magazine interviewed Midler after her Las Vegas revue "The Showgirl Must Go On" (which, incidentally, made me dance in the aisles and sing along to "Hero" while inexplicably crying, in case you wanted to know). For some reason, they asked Midler what kind of guy would be good for Jennifer Aniston. Someone giving Jen love advice who's never worked with her or knows her personally? Now there's a refreshing idea.
Bette suggests, "She needs an exciting guy, like a race-car driver."
A race car driver! Now we're talking. I would love to see Jennifer Anniston in the bleacher seats at the Indianapolis 500, munching on cheese popcorn, killing Buds from a beer-helmet, and hollerin' catty remarks at Danica Patrick.
Bette continues, "I think she needs somebody who cherishes her, but also somebody who's going to give her a run for her money. She should find somebody who is really hot, who's not in show business. Somebody with a lot of money, and she should live the large life and forget about these a--holes..."
Yeah, Jen: Just find a hot, loaded, super-nice guy who worships the ground you walk on and is as accomplished as you are but not in show business. No bigs. There are literally tens of those kinds of guys for you to chose from.
When asked about John Mayer, Midler says, "Well, he's a good-looking guy. I've got to say, I watched it for awhile, but I have no opinion."
Very diplomatic. Bette should run for political office. I would call him a cruise-riding, fame-grubbing, pseudo-emo sleaze, but that's just me.
People then asked the leading question of whether or not Jen should try out an online dating service. Bette responds, "Oh, please, you mean JDate? Put her up on JDate and see how she does!"
If Jen signed up for JDate, the site would instantaneously crash with Shiksa-goddess lust overload. Maybe it's for the best that Jen steers clear of NASCAR and online dating and sticks to what she knows: on-screen chemistry, red-carpet flirtations, after-party canoodling, and all of the stuff celebrity gossip is made of.
We're counting on you, Jen.
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite