Justin Timberlake Was Persistent for Jessica Biel Date
- Photo: Stewart Cook/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/VF11/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: DHJ/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
RELATED: Surprising Celebrity Couples
The "Trouble With the Curve" star, who recently tied the knot with the actress in Italy, first met Biel in 2007 and immediately wanted to ask her out, but admits he relied on "a fair amount of tenacity" for her to say yes.
He tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "There was nothing starry about the way we got together -- it was very un-Hollywoodesque in fact. We met and got talking, afterwards I asked my friend if I could call her and ask her out. My friend called Jessica and Jessica said yes, and so I called her."
He added, "And yes, I did it the old fashioned way -- by telephone. That's something I learned from both my stepdad and my grandfather -- that there is a thing called chivalry and it doesn't have to die with the birth of the Internet.
"I had to be pretty persistent in order to get her to say yes. But I have a fair amount of tenacity and if I want something I stick to it. And in the end she agreed."
RELATED: Stars Who Dated Boy Banders
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite