- Photo: Stephen Chernin/AP1 of 3
- Photo: Stephen Chernin/AP2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
NEW YORK (AP) -- Celebrities including Felicity Huffman, Kim Kardashian, Robin Roberts and Joan Collins can now all say they've walked in models' shoes after participating in The Red Dress Collection runway show on Thursday night at New York Fashion Week
Well, except for swimmer Dara Torres. She did the catwalk in a stylish one-shoulder cocktail dress by Rachel Roy but carried her silver, sparkly stilettos by Brian Atwood in her hands, shrugging her shoulders and giving a "don't blame me, blame the shoes" face when she struck her pose in front of the cameras.
This show has become an annual tradition at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at the Bryant Park tents as part of The Heart Truth campaign to raise awareness about heart disease and women. At one point it was spearheaded by former first lady Laura Bush.
It's never about the clothes, although the custom-made asymmetrical dress by J. Crew for Roberts and Huffman's flattering ballet-neck Oscar de la Renta gown were certainly worthy of the red carpet. The vibe at this show, even among the fashion editors and stylists who've sat through at least a half dozen on this opening day of fall-collection previews, is joyful and festive.
Kristin Chenoweth, in a Daniel Swarovski dress, and a Badgley Mischka-clad Jordin Sparks mastered the model walk, and Raven-Symone, in Tadashi Shoji, clearly relished her runway moment. A pregnant Bethenny Frankel mugged in her Isabella Oliver dress to the Supremes' "Baby Love," and singer Estelle, in an elaborate Zac Posen gown, left the audience in awe with super-long eyelashes.
The finale, though, was handled by a pro: Heidi Klum. She wore a slinky John Galliano halter dress — and was a crowd favorite. It was her third year participating, and she's never given the other "models" any advice. They don't need it, she says.
"All these women have never done runway and they get out there and strut their stuff," Klum said backstage. "It's fun and I love all the different fashion. ... This is not modeling with a runway walk and a mean face. It's a different feeling. It's goofy, funny and you ham it up."
Klum's work with heart-disease campaign isn't over — she's the program's spokeswoman — and she has more duties at Fashion Week with the "Project Runway" show on Friday. She'll probably take in two or three more shows as a spectator, she added.
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite