Kate Beckinsale Felt 'Completely Overwhelmed' Reading 'The Hunger Games'
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: FRANZISKA KRUG/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN.com/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
Like millions around the world, actress Kate Beckinsale was blown away by Suzanne Collins' wildly popular "Hunger Games" trilogy.
"My daughter [Lily]'s school encouraged all the parents and teachers and students to read 'The Hunger Games,' so it promoted a massive discussion of it," Beckinsale, 38, tells Parade. "For some reason, my daughter was a little bit resistant to it at first, but then we just were all completely overwhelmed by it."
"It was actually this summer that we were all reading it and loving it," the "Serendipity" actress says. "We can't wait for the movie. It looks fantastic."
Beckinsale insists she's always been a bit of a bookworm.
"I loved all the E. Nesbit books like 'Five Children' and 'It' and 'The Enchanted Castle.' As I got older, we had a real craze in our country called 'The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole,' which everybody was really into. I was reading 'Jane Eyre' when I was 11 and I loved that. Actually, my daughter read 'Jane Eyre' when she was 11, too."
"I wasn't very frightened of classic novels," says Beckinsale, married to director Len Wiseman. "I feel like my brain is more geared towards a novel than it is to a movie."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite