Kate Beckinsale Felt 'Completely Overwhelmed' Reading 'The Hunger Games'
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: FRANZISKA KRUG/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN.com/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Walt Disney Co. Boosts Cash DividendMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 2:13:17 PM
- 'Anchorman 2 Character Ron Burgundy Gets School Named After Him, but Professors Aren&apMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:58:03 PM
- 'Veronica Mars' Movie Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:50:04 PM
- Syfy Orders 'Dominion' to SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:46:39 PM
- 'Glee' 100th Episode: Heather Morris and Others Set to ReturnMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:43:47 PM
- Walt Disney Co. Boosts Cash Dividend
Like millions around the world, actress Kate Beckinsale was blown away by Suzanne Collins' wildly popular "Hunger Games" trilogy.
"My daughter [Lily]'s school encouraged all the parents and teachers and students to read 'The Hunger Games,' so it promoted a massive discussion of it," Beckinsale, 38, tells Parade. "For some reason, my daughter was a little bit resistant to it at first, but then we just were all completely overwhelmed by it."
"It was actually this summer that we were all reading it and loving it," the "Serendipity" actress says. "We can't wait for the movie. It looks fantastic."
Beckinsale insists she's always been a bit of a bookworm.
"I loved all the E. Nesbit books like 'Five Children' and 'It' and 'The Enchanted Castle.' As I got older, we had a real craze in our country called 'The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole,' which everybody was really into. I was reading 'Jane Eyre' when I was 11 and I loved that. Actually, my daughter read 'Jane Eyre' when she was 11, too."
"I wasn't very frightened of classic novels," says Beckinsale, married to director Len Wiseman. "I feel like my brain is more geared towards a novel than it is to a movie."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Khloe Kardashian and more are spotted at Drake's concert in Los Angeles on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite