Kate Beckinsale Felt 'Completely Overwhelmed' Reading 'The Hunger Games'
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: FRANZISKA KRUG/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN.com/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Like millions around the world, actress Kate Beckinsale was blown away by Suzanne Collins' wildly popular "Hunger Games" trilogy.
"My daughter [Lily]'s school encouraged all the parents and teachers and students to read 'The Hunger Games,' so it promoted a massive discussion of it," Beckinsale, 38, tells Parade. "For some reason, my daughter was a little bit resistant to it at first, but then we just were all completely overwhelmed by it."
"It was actually this summer that we were all reading it and loving it," the "Serendipity" actress says. "We can't wait for the movie. It looks fantastic."
Beckinsale insists she's always been a bit of a bookworm.
"I loved all the E. Nesbit books like 'Five Children' and 'It' and 'The Enchanted Castle.' As I got older, we had a real craze in our country called 'The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole,' which everybody was really into. I was reading 'Jane Eyre' when I was 11 and I loved that. Actually, my daughter read 'Jane Eyre' when she was 11, too."
"I wasn't very frightened of classic novels," says Beckinsale, married to director Len Wiseman. "I feel like my brain is more geared towards a novel than it is to a movie."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite