Kate Beckinsale Felt 'Completely Overwhelmed' Reading 'The Hunger Games'
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: FRANZISKA KRUG/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Mark Sullivan/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Mejia / Asadorian/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN.com/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Like millions around the world, actress Kate Beckinsale was blown away by Suzanne Collins' wildly popular "Hunger Games" trilogy.
"My daughter [Lily]'s school encouraged all the parents and teachers and students to read 'The Hunger Games,' so it promoted a massive discussion of it," Beckinsale, 38, tells Parade. "For some reason, my daughter was a little bit resistant to it at first, but then we just were all completely overwhelmed by it."
"It was actually this summer that we were all reading it and loving it," the "Serendipity" actress says. "We can't wait for the movie. It looks fantastic."
Beckinsale insists she's always been a bit of a bookworm.
"I loved all the E. Nesbit books like 'Five Children' and 'It' and 'The Enchanted Castle.' As I got older, we had a real craze in our country called 'The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole,' which everybody was really into. I was reading 'Jane Eyre' when I was 11 and I loved that. Actually, my daughter read 'Jane Eyre' when she was 11, too."
"I wasn't very frightened of classic novels," says Beckinsale, married to director Len Wiseman. "I feel like my brain is more geared towards a novel than it is to a movie."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTwitPics of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite