Kate Hudson is comfortable with her body's imperfections
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: UsWeekly/Promotional3 of 8
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: ST/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
"I'm pretty comfortable with my body," she says. "I'm imperfect. The imperfections are there. People are going to see them, but I take the view you only live once."
Indeed, in her controversial new film "The Killer Inside Me," her character has several nude and semi-nude scenes, and is spanked and then beaten by her brutal boyfriend (played by Casey Affleck).
Hudson banned her son Ryder, 5, from that particular film's set. "I normally take him on the set with me, but not for that one. 'Mommy is going to be naked on the bed, smoking and getting spanked in the next scene, honey!' I guess it will be weird for him when he does eventually watch it."
The actress claims she never balked at seeing her own parents, Goldie Hawn and step-dad Kurt Russell, in love scenes. "It never bothered me," she said. "We always had a good perspective about sex. When you grow up with parents in showbiz who are loud and funny and the life of the party, you get pretty relaxed about that stuff."
But as for watching herself? "I don't like watching myself on the big screen at the best of times," she tells the British paper. "I hardly recognized myself in ['The Killer Inside Me']. I'd gained a little weight. I wasn't working out."
More from UsWeekly:
More on Wonderwall:
From Crowd Ignite