Kate Hudson is comfortable with her body's imperfections
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: UsWeekly/Promotional3 of 8
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: ST/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
"I'm pretty comfortable with my body," she says. "I'm imperfect. The imperfections are there. People are going to see them, but I take the view you only live once."
Indeed, in her controversial new film "The Killer Inside Me," her character has several nude and semi-nude scenes, and is spanked and then beaten by her brutal boyfriend (played by Casey Affleck).
Hudson banned her son Ryder, 5, from that particular film's set. "I normally take him on the set with me, but not for that one. 'Mommy is going to be naked on the bed, smoking and getting spanked in the next scene, honey!' I guess it will be weird for him when he does eventually watch it."
The actress claims she never balked at seeing her own parents, Goldie Hawn and step-dad Kurt Russell, in love scenes. "It never bothered me," she said. "We always had a good perspective about sex. When you grow up with parents in showbiz who are loud and funny and the life of the party, you get pretty relaxed about that stuff."
But as for watching herself? "I don't like watching myself on the big screen at the best of times," she tells the British paper. "I hardly recognized myself in ['The Killer Inside Me']. I'd gained a little weight. I wasn't working out."
More from UsWeekly:
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite