Kate Hudson Is Engaged to Matt Bellamy!
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com1 of 11
- Photo: NBC2 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer via NBC Universal/Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Saleem Elatab-AhmadElatab/Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News5 of 11
- Photo: Mayer/Maryannakis/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 11
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com8 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com9 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
First comes love, then baby, then marriage!
Kate Hudson is engaged to Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, her beau of nearly a year and father to her unborn child. Hudson, 32, made the surprise announcement on Wednesday's "Today Show."
Interviewing Hudson (who's promoting her flick, "Something Borrowed"), Matt Lauer noticed a giant, square-cut engagement ring on her finger.
Confirming her engagement for the first time, Hudson said, "I haven't really announced it, I was waiting for someone to notice."
Although mum on details, the Oscar-nominated star said the "very romantic" proposal went down about a week ago in New York.
It will be the second marriage for Hudson, who divorced the Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson in 2006 after nearly six years. The amicable exes share son Ryder, 7.
Us Weekly was first to break news of Hudson's second pregnancy back in January.
Her marriage news comes as something of a surprise. Although she and Bellamy, 32, have been inseparable since her pregnancy announcement, she said in January, "I don't feel it necessary to get married ... I already have one child, and have had one divorce, so it is not necessarily the golden ticket. I just want to be happy."
Bellamy gushed of his love while accepting a Grammy in February, thanking "my beautiful pregnant girlfriend" at the podium in L.A.
The duo reportedly met years ago in Australia, but didn't become romantic until late spring 2010 -- finally stepping out together in June.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Violation
From Crowd Ignite