Kate Hudson talks career paths with teen girls
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: Valerie Macon/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks7 of 11
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: ztimages.com/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 11
- Photo: CHRISTIAN LAPID/StarTraks10 of 11
More Celeb News
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on TwitterMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:30:00 PM
- NBC's 'Constantine' Casts Mexican-American Star as ZedMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 4:24:00 PM
- Telenovela Star Angelica Celaya Cast as Zed on ConstantineMSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:42:00 PM
- 'Real Housewives of NJ's' Dina Manzo on Haters: 'I Don'MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:24:00 PM
- The Mysteries of Laura Promises Drama, Comedy and ... Barf!MSNEntertainment 7/13/2014 3:06:00 PM
- World Cup: Hollywood Hails Germany, Cries for Argentina on Twitter
By Stacy A. Anderson
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Actress-producer Kate Hudson says the pressure of stepping out of the shadow of her movie star mom Goldie Hawn was discouraging and daunting.
RELATED: Kate Hudson: I have nothing to hide
She advised girls to believe in their own talent and take risks as they choose a career path.
"Take a chance on your own talent and your ambition because if you don't do that, there's no one else who will," she said.
Hudson spoke at the ANNpower Leadership Forum, a week-long program that unites teens from across the country with women leaders in business, entertainment and nonprofit groups.
RELATED: Stars who removed romantic tattoos
The "Almost Famous" star and Ann Taylor spokeswoman is a member of the advisory council that mentors the teen girls and recommends grants for community projects they create in their neighborhoods, from a healthy eating program to a clothing collection drive.
Joining the actress were Ann Inc. CEO Kay Krill and Washington non-profit Vital Voices Global Partnership CEO Alyse Nelson, who all answered questions from the young ladies about work-life balance, workplace camaraderie and fashion.
The annual forum is a part of ANNpower Vital Voices Initiative by the nonprofit and Ann Inc., owner of Ann Taylor and Loft.
RELATED: Celeb babies with unique names
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kesha's New Looks
See how Kesha's looks have changed since Rehab.Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Bods!
From Crowd Ignite