Katherine Heigl difficult, demanding, 'not worth it,' Hollywood insiders claim
- Photo: Willi Schneider/Rex USA1 of 23
- Photo: Instagram2 of 23
- Photo: Katryna/Fame Flynet3 of 23
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News4 of 23
- Photo: @KatieHeigl/Twitter5 of 23
- Photo: Gerardo Somoza/StarTraks6 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 23
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet8 of 23
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks9 of 23
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks10 of 23
- Photo: LEON/GSI11 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 23
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 23
- Photo: Fame Flynet14 of 23
- Photo: NAV/Fame Flynet15 of 23
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/HSS/WENN16 of 23
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN17 of 23
- Photo: RIV/Fame Flynet18 of 23
- Photo: Alban Wyters/StarTraks19 of 23
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN20 of 23
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com21 of 23
- Photo: Splash News22 of 23
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Heigl's got some haters. In a surprising new story, Katherine Heigl's deflating career and reputation in Hollywood are scrutinized as multiple film and TV insiders claim to the Hollywood Reporter that the A-list actress isn't exactly a joy to work with.
One source who worked with the star on the 2010 film "Life As We Know It" described "desperately difficult situations" with Heigl on set. "She can cost you time every single day of shooting," the source charged of Heigl, 34, who was paid $12 million for the film. "Wardrobe issues, not getting out of the trailer, questioning the script every single day."
(The film's director Greg Berlanti disagrees, telling THR, "I would work with her again in a heartbeat.")
Making matters worse, says the source, was her mother and manager Nancy Heigl, who has worked closely with her daughter since her days as a child model. "I have never experienced anything like Nancy Heigl," says the source. "It's about the mouth. 'F--- you. You are a f---ing liar.' Whatever you'd say, you were an idiot. The call would be, 'This is the worst craft service we've ever had! There's nothing to eat! This is the worst wardrobe!' You knew that every day, you were going to get slammed. The frustrating part is [Heigl] is incredibly talented and smart."
"Life as We Know It" producer Denise Di Novi tells THR those accusations are "way exaggerated," but acknowledges that both Katherine and her mom "are not shrinking violets. They're very straightforward and tell you what they think."
Another source tells THR that the pair made similarly outrageous requests for 2008's "27 Dresses," following Heigl's star-making turn in "Knocked Up." "There were movie-star demands -- big rooms, the mother there, all the stuff. ... It was just a sense of entitlement. The biggest stars don't do that kind of thing."
As Heigl endeavors to rebuild her career following a slew of box office disappointments over the past several, one anonymous TV executive quoted in the story says that Heigl's infamy is so bad that she was nixed as a potential lead in a new pilot. "On many levels, she would have been perfect for the role, but all of us said, 'She's not worth it.' "
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite