Katherine Heigl: Dressing Baby Naleigh Is "Stressing Me Out"
- Photo: Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
For Katherine Heigl, it's tough being a Hollywood mom. Blame Katie Holmes and Angelina Jolie -- who famously deck out their daughters in high-priced tot-couture.
"Dude, I try, but I'm not nailing the baby fashion. It's intimidating," Heigl says of competition like Suri Cruise and Zahara Jolie-Pitt in the June issue of Harper's Bazaar. She and husband Josh Kelley are parents to Naleigh, 18 months, whom they adopted from Korea.
"I get beautiful outfits from Gap and baby Juicy, but I'm not layering it or putting her in Prada flats. It's really stressing me out," Heigl confesses.
But the former Grey's Anatomy star, 31, doesn't intend on indulging her child. "I want her privilege to afford her to seek many different things that might fulfill her," Heigl explains.
"I don't want her to have a Beemer on her 16th birthday or spend the summer at a beach house with friends. Nope. You want a beach house, you pay for it."
But when Naleigh interrupts a romantic moment between Mom and Dad, Heigl doesn't sweat it. The actress admits to the magazine that her daughter once threw up on her lingerie. "If parent time interferes with sexy time, that's that," she says.
Heigl tells the magazine that Naleish was born with a congenital heart problem, one fixed with open-heart surgery before she left Korea. "Her heart is 100 percent fine now," Heigl says. "She has a scar, so she won't be wearing bikinis, which is fine by us."
Following her Grey's departure, the actress spent a luxurious but intense three months off with her husband at their vacation home in Utah. "There were a good few weeks when I almost smothered [Josh Kelley] with his pillow," she admits.
No worries, she adds. She and Kelly are simply "two people with totally different lives and totally different experiences just trying to fit."
"Killers," her new flick with Ashton Kutcher, comes out June 4.
More on Wonderwall:
More on Us Weekly:
From Crowd Ignite