Katie Holmes Breaks Silence on Tom Cruise Divorce: 'I'm All Right'Related: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: AO1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Katie Holmes is single in the city this summer -- and she's holding up just fine.
Less than one week after filing to divorce her husband of five years, Tom Cruise, Holmes, 33, is slowly made her way out of hiding, running errands with her daughter, Suri, 6, in New York, on Wednesday's July 4th holiday.
Shopping for groceries including ground beef, hamburger rolls and strawberries with Suri in tow, Holmes spoke out for the first time since her Thursday filing. "I'm all right," the actress told a New York Daily News reporter as she browsed the aisles in Whole Foods. "Thank you."
Since calling it quits with Cruise, 50, Holmes appears to be in much better spirits as she prepares to fight for sole custody of the couple's daughter. (Cruise also has two older children, Connor and Isabella, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman).
"She's been miserable for a long time, but the last couple of weeks, she's been happy -- like she's been set free," an insider tells Us Weekly of Holmes, who moved out of the New York home she shared with Cruise and into her own rented apartment weeks before her filing.
A second Holmes source confirms that the actress is keeping Suri's best interests in mind as she moves on to this new phase of her life without Cruise.
"Every move she made and everything she did was controlled. ... She felt like she was in 'Rosemary's Baby,'" the source tells the new issue of Us Weekly, referring to the classic 1968 horror film, in which an aspiring young actress [Mia Farrow] unwittingly bears a child for her husband's Satanic cult.
"This is about protecting her daughter," the source says.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katie Holmes Breaks Silence on Tom Cruise Divorce: "I'm Alright"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite