Katie Holmes Delivers Triumphant Secret Stage Performance
- Photo: Enrique Rc/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: TPG/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI10 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
Despite her casual attire, Katie Holmes' performance during a reading of the play "One Day When We Were Young" was anything but nonchalant.
According to theatergoers present at the surprise, top-secret showing in Williamstown, Mass., on Aug. 17, Holmes -- clad in jeans, a basic white top and a ponytail -- brought her A-game opposite British actor Jeremy Strong. "She capably delivered," one eyewitness tells Us Weekly. "She was very focused on the piece."
In fact, "If her part in the reading is an indication, I would say she's eager to get back to acting," the witness adds of Tom Cruise's ex.
Since filing for divorce from her husband of five years on June 28, Holmes, 33, is dead set on moving forward in both her acting and design careers. This fall, the actress is set to head back to Broadway for the first time since 2008, when she performed in "All My Sons." She will also show her first collection at New York Fashion Week with design partner Jeanne Yang. (The pair launched their label, Holmes & Yang, in 2008).
"This is a big deal for Katie to show in the tents, under the full attention of the fashion editors and the glare of the media scrutiny," a source told The New York Post Thursday. "They could have done a small show elsewhere, so this proves she and Jeanne are very serious about their business."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite