Katie Holmes Gets Flustered When Asked About Tom Cruise in Pre-Split Interview
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Soul Brother/Retna Ltd.5 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Jay Valena/Retna Digital7 of 13
- Photo: TPG/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI10 of 13
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Judd Apatow Hires 'South Park's' Pam Brady to Rewrite 'Business MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:36:00 PM
- CW's 'Flash' Adds 'Rake's' Kelly Frye as SuperMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WME
Katie Holmes seemed relatively at ease on June 27, just one day before she blindsided Tom Cruise by filing for divorce after five years of marriage. The "Romantics" actress, 33, was being interviewed for C magazine's September issue six days after she participated in a sultry photo shoot for the California lifestyle magazine.
"Going back over the tapes, there were signs: Holmes was certainly very aware of herself, laying a couple cards on the table but never showing her whole hand," Senior Editor Kelsey McKinnon, who interviewed Holmes, tells WWD. "Most noticeably, the one name decisively absent from her lexicon: Tom Cruise. She never actually refers to him by name over pages and pages of transcription."
When McKinnon asked Holmes if having Suri, 6, brought her and Cruise, 50, closer together, the Ohio native became flustered. "I don't know. I mean. ... I don't know," Holmes responded. "People have been having babies a long time."
Regarding her future, Holmes told the magazine that she is "ready to take on some more challenging roles."
"I feel like I worked so much at such a young age that I really wanted to have life experiences. I feel more balanced and like I have more to bring to the table," she explained. "I always felt like I wanted to catch up [in my personal life] to what I was doing [in my career]."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katie Holmes Gets Flustered When Asked About Tom Cruise in Pre-Split Interview
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite