Katie Holmes Gets Flustered When Asked About Tom Cruise in Pre-Split Interview
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Soul Brother/Retna Ltd.5 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Jay Valena/Retna Digital7 of 13
- Photo: TPG/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI10 of 13
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look DealMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:54:27 AM
- Early Ratings: 'Sound of Music' Looks Like a Hit for NBCMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:46:24 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold&aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:43:14 AM
- Jon Stewart on Fox Commentator's Brave Stance Against the Pope (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:37:11 AM
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auctionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:30:59 AM
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look Deal
Katie Holmes seemed relatively at ease on June 27, just one day before she blindsided Tom Cruise by filing for divorce after five years of marriage. The "Romantics" actress, 33, was being interviewed for C magazine's September issue six days after she participated in a sultry photo shoot for the California lifestyle magazine.
"Going back over the tapes, there were signs: Holmes was certainly very aware of herself, laying a couple cards on the table but never showing her whole hand," Senior Editor Kelsey McKinnon, who interviewed Holmes, tells WWD. "Most noticeably, the one name decisively absent from her lexicon: Tom Cruise. She never actually refers to him by name over pages and pages of transcription."
When McKinnon asked Holmes if having Suri, 6, brought her and Cruise, 50, closer together, the Ohio native became flustered. "I don't know. I mean. ... I don't know," Holmes responded. "People have been having babies a long time."
Regarding her future, Holmes told the magazine that she is "ready to take on some more challenging roles."
"I feel like I worked so much at such a young age that I really wanted to have life experiences. I feel more balanced and like I have more to bring to the table," she explained. "I always felt like I wanted to catch up [in my personal life] to what I was doing [in my career]."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katie Holmes Gets Flustered When Asked About Tom Cruise in Pre-Split Interview
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite