Katie Holmes got roasted by friends during her 35th birthday dinner
- Photo: ROAD/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks2 of 13
- Photo: Turgeon-Steffman/Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: Tania Coetzee/Rex USA4 of 13
- Photo: Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet6 of 13
- Photo: FERNANDO LUCENA/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: MPNC/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: CS5/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: WENN11 of 13
- Photo: AGNY/GSI12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
Katie Holmes celebrated big for her birthday this week -- twice! "The Giver" actress turned 35 with good friends on Dec. 18, and followed up the night out with another intimate dinner roast two days later in New York City.
On her actual birthday, the "Dawson's Creek" alum stunned in a navy blouse and jeans as she headed out to Rosemary's in the West Village on Wednesday night. The star -- without her 7-year-old daughter Suri -- was joined by a group of both men and women for the evening.
"[She had] her hair pulled up in a bun and she looked stunning," an eyewitness tells Us Weekly. "She seemed really laid back and happy."
Two days later, Holmes feasted once again -- this time with a roast! On Friday, Dec. 20, the star attended an intimate dinner with close friends at Tao downtown in NYC, where friends poked a little fun at the Hollywood A-lister, an insider explained to Us. "Great birthday celebration at Tao!!!!!!!" she tweeted, sharing a picture of her birthday dessert.
The party began at 9 p.m. and was located in a private room in the main dining room. Holmes and her guests also had a white curtain surrounding the area for privacy. "It [had] a 'Happy Birthday' banner draped inside the room," an eyewitness tells Us.
Holmes went more casual this time around, and instead dressed down in a simple pair of jeans and a leather jacket for the special occasion. The Dawson's Creek alum and her friends feasted on plenty of food and wine, and the room seemed to be "buzzing" with laughter, the insider adds.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite