- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG4 of 17
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: AGNY/GSI8 of 17
- Photo: AGNY/GSI9 of 17
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: JM11/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Seth Wenig/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
Too many cooks spoil the broth -- especially if one of them is Katie Holmes.
The 33-year-old single mother (to Suri, 6, her daughter with ex-husband Tom Cruise) recently sat down with her Dead Accounts costar Norbert Leo Butz for an interview in the December issue of Vogue, where the two talked about their Broadway play, their hometowns (Holmes is from Toledo, Ohio; Butz hails from St. Louis), and the real-life theater that is everyday living.
"Me in the kitchen is a comedy," the Kennedys actress told the mag. "But it's heartbreaking for me going through it --"
"Because you're such a bad cook?" Butz interrupted.
"Yes," the star said emphatically. "But for others, they probably think it's really funny, because all the pans are out, and I get frustrated, and suddenly it's burning...And I went to [Mario Batali's NYC market] Eataly. I got the stuff. And it still turned out, like -- not good!"
Fortunately for her costars, Holmes is much more comfortable -- and skilled -- in the theater than in the kitchen. Dead Accounts marks her second time appearing on the Great White Way; she first made her Broadway debut in the 2008 revival of All My Sons, opposite Patrick Wilson. This time around, she's sharing the stage with Butz, Judy Greer, and Josh Hamilton. And if she has her way, there will be many more similar projects to come.
"It's exciting because there's no close-up, so a person has to use every inch of themselves," she said of why she loves live theater. "So you're never done -- and who wants to be done? It's just another opportunity to keep growing."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite