Katie Holmes: I'm a terrible cook!
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: AAR/Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG3 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG4 of 17
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA7 of 17
- Photo: AGNY/GSI8 of 17
- Photo: AGNY/GSI9 of 17
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: MARIO MAGNANI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: JM11/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Seth Wenig/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG15 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Walt Disney Co. Boosts Cash DividendMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 2:13:17 PM
- 'Anchorman 2 Character Ron Burgundy Gets School Named After Him, but Professors Aren&apMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:58:03 PM
- 'Veronica Mars' Movie Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:50:04 PM
- Syfy Orders 'Dominion' to SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:46:39 PM
- 'Glee' 100th Episode: Heather Morris and Others Set to ReturnMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 1:43:47 PM
- Walt Disney Co. Boosts Cash Dividend
Too many cooks spoil the broth -- especially if one of them is Katie Holmes.
The 33-year-old single mother (to Suri, 6, her daughter with ex-husband Tom Cruise) recently sat down with her Dead Accounts costar Norbert Leo Butz for an interview in the December issue of Vogue, where the two talked about their Broadway play, their hometowns (Holmes is from Toledo, Ohio; Butz hails from St. Louis), and the real-life theater that is everyday living.
"Me in the kitchen is a comedy," the Kennedys actress told the mag. "But it's heartbreaking for me going through it --"
"Because you're such a bad cook?" Butz interrupted.
"Yes," the star said emphatically. "But for others, they probably think it's really funny, because all the pans are out, and I get frustrated, and suddenly it's burning...And I went to [Mario Batali's NYC market] Eataly. I got the stuff. And it still turned out, like -- not good!"
Fortunately for her costars, Holmes is much more comfortable -- and skilled -- in the theater than in the kitchen. Dead Accounts marks her second time appearing on the Great White Way; she first made her Broadway debut in the 2008 revival of All My Sons, opposite Patrick Wilson. This time around, she's sharing the stage with Butz, Judy Greer, and Josh Hamilton. And if she has her way, there will be many more similar projects to come.
"It's exciting because there's no close-up, so a person has to use every inch of themselves," she said of why she loves live theater. "So you're never done -- and who wants to be done? It's just another opportunity to keep growing."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite