Katie Holmes Spends the Day at Her Lawyer's Office
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG1 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: RG4/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee/Elle5 of 17
- Photo: Elle6 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Tom Belcher/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.10 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
Katie Holmes didn't have time for lunch, ice cream, grocery run or a museum date with daughter Suri Cruise on Friday.
Instead, the "Romantics" actress, 33, spent the bulk of the day at the midtown Manhattan office of her attorney, Us Weekly can confirm. Holmes and her legal team certainly have a lot to talk about: She filed for divorce from superstar Tom Cruise June 28, and boldly asked for sole legal custody of Suri, 6.
With Holmes making high-profile appearances in New York this past week, Cruise has been in seclusion in Los Angeles; he finally spoke up via his attorney Bert Fields, who seemed to lash out at Holmes and her legal team in an angry statement.
"Tactically we can't say where Tom will file a divorce case and if he'll be seeking joint custody of Suri," Fields told BBC News. "We are letting 'the other side' (Katie and her team), play the media until they wear everyone out and then we'll have something to say," he added."It's not Tom's style to do this publicly," Fields said of his client, who wed Holmes in November 2006. "He is really sad about what's happening."
A new report on TMZ claims that the respective legal teams for Holmes and Cruise, 50, are endeavoring to negotiate a full, amicable divorce settlement, with no court dates set for the "foreseeable future."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katie Holmes Spends the Day at Her Lawyer's Office
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite