Katie Holmes Spends the Day at Her Lawyer's Office
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG1 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: RG4/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee/Elle5 of 17
- Photo: Elle6 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Tom Belcher/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.10 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Katie Holmes didn't have time for lunch, ice cream, grocery run or a museum date with daughter Suri Cruise on Friday.
Instead, the "Romantics" actress, 33, spent the bulk of the day at the midtown Manhattan office of her attorney, Us Weekly can confirm. Holmes and her legal team certainly have a lot to talk about: She filed for divorce from superstar Tom Cruise June 28, and boldly asked for sole legal custody of Suri, 6.
With Holmes making high-profile appearances in New York this past week, Cruise has been in seclusion in Los Angeles; he finally spoke up via his attorney Bert Fields, who seemed to lash out at Holmes and her legal team in an angry statement.
"Tactically we can't say where Tom will file a divorce case and if he'll be seeking joint custody of Suri," Fields told BBC News. "We are letting 'the other side' (Katie and her team), play the media until they wear everyone out and then we'll have something to say," he added."It's not Tom's style to do this publicly," Fields said of his client, who wed Holmes in November 2006. "He is really sad about what's happening."
A new report on TMZ claims that the respective legal teams for Holmes and Cruise, 50, are endeavoring to negotiate a full, amicable divorce settlement, with no court dates set for the "foreseeable future."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katie Holmes Spends the Day at Her Lawyer's Office
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite