Katie Holmes Spends the Day at Her Lawyer's Office
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG1 of 17
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: RG4/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Carter Smith; styled by Joe Zee/Elle5 of 17
- Photo: Elle6 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Christopher Smith/Retna Ltd.9 of 17
- Photo: Tom Belcher/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.10 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- The Biz: George Stephanopoulos Signs New Deal with Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 9:31:00 AM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- The Biz: George Stephanopoulos Signs New Deal with Good Morning America
Katie Holmes didn't have time for lunch, ice cream, grocery run or a museum date with daughter Suri Cruise on Friday.
Instead, the "Romantics" actress, 33, spent the bulk of the day at the midtown Manhattan office of her attorney, Us Weekly can confirm. Holmes and her legal team certainly have a lot to talk about: She filed for divorce from superstar Tom Cruise June 28, and boldly asked for sole legal custody of Suri, 6.
With Holmes making high-profile appearances in New York this past week, Cruise has been in seclusion in Los Angeles; he finally spoke up via his attorney Bert Fields, who seemed to lash out at Holmes and her legal team in an angry statement.
"Tactically we can't say where Tom will file a divorce case and if he'll be seeking joint custody of Suri," Fields told BBC News. "We are letting 'the other side' (Katie and her team), play the media until they wear everyone out and then we'll have something to say," he added."It's not Tom's style to do this publicly," Fields said of his client, who wed Holmes in November 2006. "He is really sad about what's happening."
A new report on TMZ claims that the respective legal teams for Holmes and Cruise, 50, are endeavoring to negotiate a full, amicable divorce settlement, with no court dates set for the "foreseeable future."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Katie Holmes Spends the Day at Her Lawyer's Office
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite