Katie Holmes Wants Sole Custody of Suri Cruise, Court Papers ShowRelated: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, Suri Cruise
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab/Splash News1 of 28
The battle over Suri begins.
In court papers filed in New York on Thursday, Katie Holmes asked for legal custody of Suri, her 6-year-old daughter with Tom Cruise. Holmes' attorney announced her planned divorce from the "Rock of Ages" actor, 49, on Friday. Holmes and Cruise have been married for five years.
TMZ reports that Holmes lists irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the split, and asks for sole legal custody and "primary residential custody" of their little girl.
And, as Mom to one of the most well-known celeb tots in the world -- who travels the globe wearing high-end children's clothes -- Holmes is also said to have asked for a "suitable amount" of child support.
A prenuptial agreement is not mentioned in the filing, although Holmes' papers do request a division of property.
In a statement, Cruise's publicist acknowledged that it was Holmes who filed the divorce papers. "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. . . Please allow them their privacy," the statement said.
Keep clicking to see photos of Katie and Suri ...
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite