Diane Keaton Regrets Pushing for Marriage With Al Pacino
- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: starsurf / Splash News/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News8 of 12
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex Feaures/MSN9 of 12
- Photo: Carlos Rene Perez/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Will Binns/Pacific Coast News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Diane Keaton says she regrets giving Al Pacino a marriage ultimatum during their romance in the 1980s, because the demand put an end to their relationship.
The "Annie Hall" star dated a string of Hollywood actors in her youth, including Warren Beatty and Woody Allen, but it was her "Godfather" co-star Pacino who really stole her heart.
She tells People magazine, "(Pacino was) charming, hilarious, a nonstop talker. There was an aspect of him that was like a lost orphan, like this kind of crazy idiot savant. And oh, gorgeous! I was mad for him. I worked hard on that one."
The relationship fell apart when she pushed for marriage and Keaton admits it wasn't her finest hour: "I went about it not in a perfect way."
The actress, who has never wed, admits she has never since come close to becoming a wife, but says now, at 65, she's glad she didn't become a stay-at-home mom like her mother.
She says, "There was a sacrifice she had to make in not having a career. I knew marriage was not going to be a friend to me."
And the actress is no longer even interested in looking for love.
The star, who has two adopted children, adds, "Dating terrifies me. Can you imagine anything worse...? My kids think the idea's repugnant, too."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite