Diane Keaton Regrets Pushing for Marriage With Al Pacino
- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: starsurf / Splash News/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News8 of 12
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex Feaures/MSN9 of 12
- Photo: Carlos Rene Perez/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Will Binns/Pacific Coast News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Barnes, Heigl in tune in romance 'Jackie and Ryan'MSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 7:47:36 AM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a New
Diane Keaton says she regrets giving Al Pacino a marriage ultimatum during their romance in the 1980s, because the demand put an end to their relationship.
The "Annie Hall" star dated a string of Hollywood actors in her youth, including Warren Beatty and Woody Allen, but it was her "Godfather" co-star Pacino who really stole her heart.
She tells People magazine, "(Pacino was) charming, hilarious, a nonstop talker. There was an aspect of him that was like a lost orphan, like this kind of crazy idiot savant. And oh, gorgeous! I was mad for him. I worked hard on that one."
The relationship fell apart when she pushed for marriage and Keaton admits it wasn't her finest hour: "I went about it not in a perfect way."
The actress, who has never wed, admits she has never since come close to becoming a wife, but says now, at 65, she's glad she didn't become a stay-at-home mom like her mother.
She says, "There was a sacrifice she had to make in not having a career. I knew marriage was not going to be a friend to me."
And the actress is no longer even interested in looking for love.
The star, who has two adopted children, adds, "Dating terrifies me. Can you imagine anything worse...? My kids think the idea's repugnant, too."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite