Diane Keaton Regrets Pushing for Marriage With Al Pacino
- Photo: WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News2 of 12
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 12
- Photo: starsurf / Splash News/Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com6 of 12
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News8 of 12
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex Feaures/MSN9 of 12
- Photo: Carlos Rene Perez/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Will Binns/Pacific Coast News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After Hospitalization
Diane Keaton says she regrets giving Al Pacino a marriage ultimatum during their romance in the 1980s, because the demand put an end to their relationship.
The "Annie Hall" star dated a string of Hollywood actors in her youth, including Warren Beatty and Woody Allen, but it was her "Godfather" co-star Pacino who really stole her heart.
She tells People magazine, "(Pacino was) charming, hilarious, a nonstop talker. There was an aspect of him that was like a lost orphan, like this kind of crazy idiot savant. And oh, gorgeous! I was mad for him. I worked hard on that one."
The relationship fell apart when she pushed for marriage and Keaton admits it wasn't her finest hour: "I went about it not in a perfect way."
The actress, who has never wed, admits she has never since come close to becoming a wife, but says now, at 65, she's glad she didn't become a stay-at-home mom like her mother.
She says, "There was a sacrifice she had to make in not having a career. I knew marriage was not going to be a friend to me."
And the actress is no longer even interested in looking for love.
The star, who has two adopted children, adds, "Dating terrifies me. Can you imagine anything worse...? My kids think the idea's repugnant, too."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite