Keira Knightley, Rupert Friend Split After Five Years Together
- Photo: DCB/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: VPJ/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Keira Knightley needs a new knight.
After five years together, she and fellow Brit actor Rupert Friend have called it quits. "Yes, they have broken up," her father, actor Will Knightley, told UK paper The Sun on Wednesday in London. "But that's the way things go, unfortunately. The only option is to get on with things."
The "Never Let Me Go" actress, now 25, met Friend, 29, in 2005 on the set of the flick "Pride and Prejudice" (for which she earned an Oscar nomination).
The couple had shared an apartment together in central London (which was burglarized in November).
Added her dad: "They were together for quite a long time and it is always hard breaking up. She's focused on her work."
Knightley has said that the "fame" part of her career leaves her uneasy. "I'm still not good at being recognized. I wear scruffy clothes and hats and keep my head well down," she told Vogue. "I'm sure people must think I'm a complete b----, but I'm just very shy."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite