Kelly Preston: 'Charlie Sheen is a good man'
- Photo: WENN1 of 9
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: NBC/Promotional4 of 9
- Photo: Stuart Ramson/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: ABC/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Agent 47/WENN8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' ReboMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
- Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost's Sonya Walger, Revolution's Zak OrthMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Who's Going to Die on Under the Dome?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Comic-Con 2014: All the Latest NewsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:34:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' Rebo
Kelly Preston has come to the defense of her former fiance, Charlie Sheen, as his bizarre antics continue to hit headlines, insisting the troubled actor "is a good person underneath all of it."
The actress spent a year in a relationship with the former "Two and a Half Men" star, and they were planning to get married. Preston, however, broke off the engagement shortly after a mysterious incident in which Sheen accidentally shot her in the arm in 1990.
RELATED: Sheen admits he's losing his mind
Preston, who is now married to John Travolta, admits she has been distraught to see her former partner publicly battling personal and professional problems, and urges his critics to remember he is a "great man" despite his faults.
She tells People.com, "My heart just goes out to him, and all of his family. He's such a good person underneath all of it, he really is."
"We were together for a year, and he wasn't drinking, and he wasn't doing drugs. And there's a beautiful person in there. He really is a great man."
Preston is convinced Sheen will bounce back, adding, "I think there's a way back for anyone. I always have hope, and my prayers are with him."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStylish Mama
From Crowd Ignite