Kelly Preston: Scientology Helped Me Overcome Son Jett's Death
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 13
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab / Splash News/Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: People via CeleBitchy/Promotional9 of 13
- Photo: Matt Stroshane/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Pacific Coast News11 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
Two years ago, Kelly Preston was struggling to make sense of the sudden death of her 16-year-old son Jett, who lost his life due to a seizure in January 2009.
The actress, now 48, credits her religion for getting her through the toughest period of her life. "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Center," Preston tells Health magazine's September issue. "I don't know if I would have made it through without it."
(Preston and her husband, John Travolta, have been Scientologists for more than two decades.)
The experience taught Preston a valuable lesson. "Don't sweat the small things. Love your kids like it could be the last moment."
After a painful two years, the family (including daughter Ella Bleu, 11) finally received some happy news when baby Benjamin Hunter Kaleo was born in November 2010.
"We [had been trying] for quite a few years," Preston tells Health. "When I found out I was pregnant, I was floored. I'd snuck out of bed and then came back and woke Johnny up in bed. We both started crying. It was wonderful."
Motherhood, Preston says, is the single most important role she's ever tackled. "I've always wanted to be a mother, ever since I was 11. I was doing commercials for thousands of dollars, but I'd still babysit for $3 an hour just because I loved it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite