Kelly Preston: Scientology Helped Me Overcome Son Jett's Death
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin2 of 13
- Photo: Ahmad Elatab / Splash News/Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: WENN7 of 13
- Photo: Tonya Wise/London Ent/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: People via CeleBitchy/Promotional9 of 13
- Photo: Matt Stroshane/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Pacific Coast News11 of 13
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:45:00 AM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Justin Bartha, Wife Welcome Baby Girl
Two years ago, Kelly Preston was struggling to make sense of the sudden death of her 16-year-old son Jett, who lost his life due to a seizure in January 2009.
The actress, now 48, credits her religion for getting her through the toughest period of her life. "To be honest, [it was] the Scientology Center," Preston tells Health magazine's September issue. "I don't know if I would have made it through without it."
(Preston and her husband, John Travolta, have been Scientologists for more than two decades.)
The experience taught Preston a valuable lesson. "Don't sweat the small things. Love your kids like it could be the last moment."
After a painful two years, the family (including daughter Ella Bleu, 11) finally received some happy news when baby Benjamin Hunter Kaleo was born in November 2010.
"We [had been trying] for quite a few years," Preston tells Health. "When I found out I was pregnant, I was floored. I'd snuck out of bed and then came back and woke Johnny up in bed. We both started crying. It was wonderful."
Motherhood, Preston says, is the single most important role she's ever tackled. "I've always wanted to be a mother, ever since I was 11. I was doing commercials for thousands of dollars, but I'd still babysit for $3 an hour just because I loved it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite