Val Kilmer's ex-wife chasing child-support payments
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hollywood Pictures/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: TriStar Pictures/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: J. Dennis Thomas/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Tonya Wise/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' Lands Prime Awards Season Release DateMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Casting Director Marion Dougherty to Receive Posthumous EmmyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:13:00 AM
- Spike Jonze to Guest Star on HBO's 'Girls'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Hearst Grabs Principato-Young's Corey Moss to Make Web SeriesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater' Lands Prime Awards Season Release Date
Val Kilmer has been hit with a demand for financial support from his ex-wife, who says he fell behind with child-support payments.
Joanne Whalley was married to the actor from 1988 to 1996, and they share two teenage children. Following their divorce, Kilmer agreed to pay $27,500 a month in child support.
However, Kilmer is said to have fallen behind on the installments, prompting Whalley to obtain a lien against the actor's ranch in New Mexico in a bid to force him to bring the payments up to date, reports TMZ.com.
RELATED: The hottest pop culture cowboys
It's not the first time Whalley has moved to secure a debt payment on Kilmer's home. He owed her money in 2007, but the lien was removed in 2008 after the situation was rectified.
Last year, Kilmer faced financial woe when it was reported he owed nearly $500,000 in unpaid U.S. federal taxes. He was also forced to slash the price of his New Mexico property by a massive $10 million after it failed to sell.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite