Val Kilmer's ex-wife chasing child-support payments
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hollywood Pictures/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: TriStar Pictures/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: J. Dennis Thomas/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Tonya Wise/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Val Kilmer has been hit with a demand for financial support from his ex-wife, who says he fell behind with child-support payments.
Joanne Whalley was married to the actor from 1988 to 1996, and they share two teenage children. Following their divorce, Kilmer agreed to pay $27,500 a month in child support.
However, Kilmer is said to have fallen behind on the installments, prompting Whalley to obtain a lien against the actor's ranch in New Mexico in a bid to force him to bring the payments up to date, reports TMZ.com.
RELATED: The hottest pop culture cowboys
It's not the first time Whalley has moved to secure a debt payment on Kilmer's home. He owed her money in 2007, but the lien was removed in 2008 after the situation was rectified.
Last year, Kilmer faced financial woe when it was reported he owed nearly $500,000 in unpaid U.S. federal taxes. He was also forced to slash the price of his New Mexico property by a massive $10 million after it failed to sell.
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite