Val Kilmer's ex-wife chasing child-support payments
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hollywood Pictures/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: TriStar Pictures/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: J. Dennis Thomas/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Pichichi/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Tonya Wise/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Val Kilmer has been hit with a demand for financial support from his ex-wife, who says he fell behind with child-support payments.
Joanne Whalley was married to the actor from 1988 to 1996, and they share two teenage children. Following their divorce, Kilmer agreed to pay $27,500 a month in child support.
However, Kilmer is said to have fallen behind on the installments, prompting Whalley to obtain a lien against the actor's ranch in New Mexico in a bid to force him to bring the payments up to date, reports TMZ.com.
RELATED: The hottest pop culture cowboys
It's not the first time Whalley has moved to secure a debt payment on Kilmer's home. He owed her money in 2007, but the lien was removed in 2008 after the situation was rectified.
Last year, Kilmer faced financial woe when it was reported he owed nearly $500,000 in unpaid U.S. federal taxes. He was also forced to slash the price of his New Mexico property by a massive $10 million after it failed to sell.
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite