Kristen Bell: 'Be comfortable in your own skin'
- Photo: Jennifer Mitchell/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Jennifer Mitchell/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Jesse Grant/Wonderwall4 of 8
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Veteran TV Producer Robert Halmi Sr. Dies at 90MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:28:00 AM
- NBA ref Violet Palmer to marry longtime partnerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:24:27 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'
By Jennifer Odell with reporting by Mary S. Park
Kristen Bell has made her mark playing a wide range of quirky women, from Veronica Mars to her latest role as a jealous dancer named Nikki in the upcoming film, "Burlesque." But the 29-year-old actress beneath those characters knows that the best way for a woman to be beautiful is for her to know herself, as she told us at Good Housekeeping's April 12 celebration, 125 Years of Women Making Their Mark, in New York.
The "Gossip Girl" star also dished on what it was like to work with "Burlesque" star Christina Aguilera, her engagement to actor Dax Shepard, and shared a few more tidbits about what makes her tick.
On what shooting "Burlesque" taught her:
Kristen Bell: I learned what it was like to shoot a five month movie!
RELATED: See more pics of Kristen Bell
On working with Christina Aguilera:
KB: I back Christina up on a track. That was amazing. We went to her house to record and it was very exciting to see her in her element because she's such a powerhouse. And to see how encouraging she was -- [it was] kind of a dream come true.
RELATED: See more pics of Christina Aguilera
On what gay men can learn from women:
KB: That to be comfortable in your own skin is the best way to feel cute.
On what she loves about her mom:
KB: She's extremely resilient and she is an optimist even through the hardest of times. And she's done a lot of things on her own.
On her upcoming wedding:
KB: No [wedding] plans yet! I'm just happy to be engaged!
On her ideal workout partner:
KB: Mr. T.!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite