Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard wanted wedding to be 'lowest-key day possible,' ate sandwiches
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 12
- Photo: @daxshepard1/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: JAXN/Wonderwall5 of 12
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com7 of 12
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter9 of 12
- Photo: Tumblr/.10 of 12
- Photo: JP/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
The "House of Lies" actress, 33, appeared on the "Tonight Show" on Thursday, Nov. 22 to discuss her low-key, big day with Jay Leno. She explained how she and Shepard, 38, had completed the appropriate paperwork online necessary to get their marriage license -- but the couple had missed an essential component on their big day: They forgot to bring someone to officiate their wedding at the courthouse!
"[The court officials] said, 'No, you actually have to have someone ordaining you.' And I said, 'But we don't, please let us be married now," recalled the mom of 7-month-old daughter Lincoln.
In a panic, the couple frantically texted all of their friends, "because a few of them are ordained," explained Bell. "Finally, someone piped up -- who was actually in the courthouse -- and said 'I can actually marry you, if you want right now.,'" she continued. "And we said, 'Boom, let's do it.' And we got it over with."
Although the funny duo got married before a complete stranger, their friends joined them after the ceremony. "It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Oct. 28. The confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding," he proudly shared with the show host. "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
"We wanted the lowest-key day possible," Bell told Leno on Thursday, who added that their wedding brunch consisted of "sandwiches."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Ben's Big Night
Ben Affleck wins an Oscar -- and joins Instagram! -- and more celeb news on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian talks about Kim's wedding. Will Mason be the ring bearer?Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite