Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard wanted wedding to be 'lowest-key day possible,' ate sandwiches
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 12
- Photo: @daxshepard1/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: JAXN/Wonderwall5 of 12
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com7 of 12
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter9 of 12
- Photo: Tumblr/.10 of 12
- Photo: JP/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones' Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out: 'I've Been WaitMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:31:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls Ends
The "House of Lies" actress, 33, appeared on the "Tonight Show" on Thursday, Nov. 22 to discuss her low-key, big day with Jay Leno. She explained how she and Shepard, 38, had completed the appropriate paperwork online necessary to get their marriage license -- but the couple had missed an essential component on their big day: They forgot to bring someone to officiate their wedding at the courthouse!
"[The court officials] said, 'No, you actually have to have someone ordaining you.' And I said, 'But we don't, please let us be married now," recalled the mom of 7-month-old daughter Lincoln.
In a panic, the couple frantically texted all of their friends, "because a few of them are ordained," explained Bell. "Finally, someone piped up -- who was actually in the courthouse -- and said 'I can actually marry you, if you want right now.,'" she continued. "And we said, 'Boom, let's do it.' And we got it over with."
Although the funny duo got married before a complete stranger, their friends joined them after the ceremony. "It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Oct. 28. The confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding," he proudly shared with the show host. "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
"We wanted the lowest-key day possible," Bell told Leno on Thursday, who added that their wedding brunch consisted of "sandwiches."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite