Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard wanted wedding to be 'lowest-key day possible,' ate sandwiches
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 12
- Photo: @daxshepard1/Twitter3 of 12
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: JAXN/Wonderwall5 of 12
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com7 of 12
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter9 of 12
- Photo: Tumblr/.10 of 12
- Photo: JP/WENN11 of 12
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
The "House of Lies" actress, 33, appeared on the "Tonight Show" on Thursday, Nov. 22 to discuss her low-key, big day with Jay Leno. She explained how she and Shepard, 38, had completed the appropriate paperwork online necessary to get their marriage license -- but the couple had missed an essential component on their big day: They forgot to bring someone to officiate their wedding at the courthouse!
"[The court officials] said, 'No, you actually have to have someone ordaining you.' And I said, 'But we don't, please let us be married now," recalled the mom of 7-month-old daughter Lincoln.
In a panic, the couple frantically texted all of their friends, "because a few of them are ordained," explained Bell. "Finally, someone piped up -- who was actually in the courthouse -- and said 'I can actually marry you, if you want right now.,'" she continued. "And we said, 'Boom, let's do it.' And we got it over with."
Although the funny duo got married before a complete stranger, their friends joined them after the ceremony. "It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Oct. 28. The confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding," he proudly shared with the show host. "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
"We wanted the lowest-key day possible," Bell told Leno on Thursday, who added that their wedding brunch consisted of "sandwiches."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite