Kristen Bell hints at having baby boy, thinks birth will be 'terrifying'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter5 of 14
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Reuters10 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 14
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'The Good Wife' Review: Legal Drama Ditches the Grief for Dynamic StorytellingMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Jessica Chastain's 'Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Stumbles in SpecialtyMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New York
Kristen Bell has been vigilant about keeping the details of her baby under wraps, but on an episode of "Ellen" airing Thursday, the petite actress may have inadvertently spilled the beans about its gender.
While talking animatedly about her impending bundle of joy, the "House of Lies" star, 32, revealed how her fiance, Dax Shepard, 38, was excited about "all the off-roading he'll have in this tiny partner." Ellen DeGeneres immediately jumped on the nugget of information, asking Bell if that meant the actress was going to be having a baby boy.
"Maybe?" the actress evaded the question coyly before coming to her own defense. "Do you have to be a boy to off-road? Absolutely not! I think [Dax]'s going to force [the baby], even if it's a sloth, to off-road," she laughed. Bell, who is an animal (and sloth!) enthusiast, famously freaked out when Shepard brought a real-life sloth to their home in a video that went viral online last year.
Bell also chatted with DeGeneres about her fear of childbirth and how she's bracing herself for the "terrifying" process.
"I feel like, when I arrive at the hospital, I want a glass of whiskey, I want the epidural in my back and I want to get hit in the face with a baseball bat and wake me up when it's over because I've seen the videos -- and it looks terrifying," she told DeGeneres.
The actress, who was recently at the Sundance Film Festival promoting her new film "The Lifeguard," is due at the end of spring, and, as she told Entertainment Weekly earlier this month, is bracing for the changes of motherhood.
"This is without question the biggest transition I'll make in my life to date," she told the magazine.
Luckily for her, however, being pregnant does have its upsides, including what she calls "reverse body dysmorphia."
"I can understand what my shape is, but I see Brooke Shields," she deadpanned about how she reacts to her reflection in the mirror these days. "And it doesn't make a lick of sense, but something that the baby's giving me hormonally makes me feel really giggly and happy."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite