Kristen Bell hints at having baby boy, thinks birth will be 'terrifying'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 14
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter5 of 14
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: @theellenshow/Twitter7 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Reuters10 of 14
- Photo: Rex USA11 of 14
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters12 of 14
- Photo: Michael Buckner/GettyImages.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
Kristen Bell has been vigilant about keeping the details of her baby under wraps, but on an episode of "Ellen" airing Thursday, the petite actress may have inadvertently spilled the beans about its gender.
While talking animatedly about her impending bundle of joy, the "House of Lies" star, 32, revealed how her fiance, Dax Shepard, 38, was excited about "all the off-roading he'll have in this tiny partner." Ellen DeGeneres immediately jumped on the nugget of information, asking Bell if that meant the actress was going to be having a baby boy.
"Maybe?" the actress evaded the question coyly before coming to her own defense. "Do you have to be a boy to off-road? Absolutely not! I think [Dax]'s going to force [the baby], even if it's a sloth, to off-road," she laughed. Bell, who is an animal (and sloth!) enthusiast, famously freaked out when Shepard brought a real-life sloth to their home in a video that went viral online last year.
Bell also chatted with DeGeneres about her fear of childbirth and how she's bracing herself for the "terrifying" process.
"I feel like, when I arrive at the hospital, I want a glass of whiskey, I want the epidural in my back and I want to get hit in the face with a baseball bat and wake me up when it's over because I've seen the videos -- and it looks terrifying," she told DeGeneres.
The actress, who was recently at the Sundance Film Festival promoting her new film "The Lifeguard," is due at the end of spring, and, as she told Entertainment Weekly earlier this month, is bracing for the changes of motherhood.
"This is without question the biggest transition I'll make in my life to date," she told the magazine.
Luckily for her, however, being pregnant does have its upsides, including what she calls "reverse body dysmorphia."
"I can understand what my shape is, but I see Brooke Shields," she deadpanned about how she reacts to her reflection in the mirror these days. "And it doesn't make a lick of sense, but something that the baby's giving me hormonally makes me feel really giggly and happy."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite