Kristen Bell: I Swam Six Inches Away From Great White Sharks!
- Photo: Kirkland/Retna Digital1 of 16
- Photo: Jason Kempin/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Axelle Woussen/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: TOMS/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Kristen Bell is fearless when it comes to her love of animals.
The 31-year-old actress and philanthropist recently visited South Africa to participate in a cage dive with great white sharks.
"I wasn't scared because the cage makes you feel invincible," she told Us Weekly at the Nature Conservancy "Style and Beauty for the Planet" event in NYC Monday. "I've never been attacked by a shark, so I have a hard time conceptualizing the fear of being attacked."
Noting that South Africa was a "beautiful" and "wonderful" country, Bell added that "cage diving was really the most exceptional thing, because not a lot of people get to be six inches from a great white shark!"
During her trip, the House of Lies actress also spent time educating herself about the importance of water conservation.
"I was always very willing to accept clean water as being a global issue and something that Africa struggles with, but what I've learned through this partnership with Neutrogena Naturals -- where I'm a brand ambassador -- is how much of a domestic issue it is."
"I got to visit the Colorado River earlier this year and what I've learned was profound," Bell continued. "You can actually see the line where the river started. It used to be this big gushing thing and now it's been depleted."
"There are tiny choices that everyone can make that profoundly affect our collective water use," Bell explained. "Like not having the tap on while brushing your teeth, not starting your shower ten minutes in advance, not doing laundry until you have a full load. In this particular issue, education really is power."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite