Kristen Bell on motherhood, 'Veronica Mars': 'It's almost too much joy!'
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage/Samsung/.1 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: JAXN/Wonderwall5 of 14
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 14
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 14
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: @daxshepard1/Twitter10 of 14
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: CW Network/Everett / Rex USA/Rex USA12 of 14
- Photo: Tumblr/.13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Kristen Bell is having the best summer of her life. After welcoming daughter Lincoln with fiance Dax Shepard in late March, the 33-year-old actress began production on the upcoming "Veronica Mars" movie in June. Bell spoke to E! News about her 3-month-old daughter and the revival of her former TV show during Comic-Con in San Diego, Calif., on July 19 -- just days before filming ended in California.
"It was hard because I always wanted to be with the baby a ton," Bell said of shooting "Veronica Mars" while taking care of a newborn baby. "But also, I was so excited to be with my friends again. It's almost too much joy, if that's possible."
"Veronica Mars" went off the air in 2007 after three seasons. Thanks to a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign, however, show creator Rob Thomas was able to raise more than $5.7 million to fund the film."It's an absolutely dream come true," Bell said. "We were somehow lucky enough that people who watched the show wanted to give us all of their hard-earned money and say, 'Here, will you do this?' We were just overjoyed. It's a really lucky situation to be in."
Bell was hesitant to reveal any plot points from the film, which also stars Ryan Hansen, Chris Lowell, Francis Capra, Tina Majorino, Percy Daggs III, Enrico Colantoni and Jason Dohring. "The movie is really good," she teased. "I don't know how much I can tip off, but Rob took a lot of time in thinking about what the fans would want -- and he really delivered."
The "Veronica Mars" movie is slated for release in early 2014.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite