Kristen Bell on motherhood, 'Veronica Mars': 'It's almost too much joy!'
- Photo: Michael Buckner/WireImage/Samsung/.1 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 14
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet4 of 14
- Photo: JAXN/Wonderwall5 of 14
- Photo: Rocstar/Fame Flynet6 of 14
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 14
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com8 of 14
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP9 of 14
- Photo: @daxshepard1/Twitter10 of 14
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: CW Network/Everett / Rex USA/Rex USA12 of 14
- Photo: Tumblr/.13 of 14
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Kristen Bell is having the best summer of her life. After welcoming daughter Lincoln with fiance Dax Shepard in late March, the 33-year-old actress began production on the upcoming "Veronica Mars" movie in June. Bell spoke to E! News about her 3-month-old daughter and the revival of her former TV show during Comic-Con in San Diego, Calif., on July 19 -- just days before filming ended in California.
"It was hard because I always wanted to be with the baby a ton," Bell said of shooting "Veronica Mars" while taking care of a newborn baby. "But also, I was so excited to be with my friends again. It's almost too much joy, if that's possible."
"Veronica Mars" went off the air in 2007 after three seasons. Thanks to a record-breaking Kickstarter campaign, however, show creator Rob Thomas was able to raise more than $5.7 million to fund the film."It's an absolutely dream come true," Bell said. "We were somehow lucky enough that people who watched the show wanted to give us all of their hard-earned money and say, 'Here, will you do this?' We were just overjoyed. It's a really lucky situation to be in."
Bell was hesitant to reveal any plot points from the film, which also stars Ryan Hansen, Chris Lowell, Francis Capra, Tina Majorino, Percy Daggs III, Enrico Colantoni and Jason Dohring. "The movie is really good," she teased. "I don't know how much I can tip off, but Rob took a lot of time in thinking about what the fans would want -- and he really delivered."
The "Veronica Mars" movie is slated for release in early 2014.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite