Kristen Bell proposes to Dax Shepard after DOMA overturned
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com2 of 13
- Photo: @daxshepard1/Twitter3 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter6 of 13
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters7 of 13
- Photo: Reuters8 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: JC1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
The U.S. Supreme Court's historic overturning of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) no doubt has many, many American couples making marriage plans -- including, perhaps, Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard! The "Veronica Mars" actress, 32, quickly celebrated the SCOTUS ruling via Twitter. "You're damn right DOMA is unconstitutional!! #equalitymatters," she wrote, retweeting a followers' memorable hashtag, "#defenseofmarriagecansuckit."
She then addressed Shepard, her fiance of four years and father of her newborn daughter, Lincoln, 3 months: "@daxshepard1 will you marry me? Xo #marriageequality #loveislove." Shepard responded in kind. "DOMA is dead," he wrote. "Prop 8 is dead. Now let's bring my big, gay marriage to @IMKristenBell to Life!!!!"
The re-proposal should come as no big surprise to fans of the sloth-loving actress. Speaking about Proposition 8 back in August 2012, she told Larry King she and Shepard, 38, were holding out to wed until marriage was legalized for all. "The reason we're not rushing to get married is because I don't feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that's denied to my [gay and lesbian] friends," she said.
"I'll feel more comfortable having a party -- or whatever we have, if anything -- if half of our friends who are homosexuals [can celebrate]. ... It's just kind of rude to invite everyone to a party for a rite not everyone can hold." (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have also taken a similar stance regarding same-sex marriage and their own wedding plans.)
If Bell and Shepard really do finally walk down the aisle, they'll have a mini flower girl to attend the ceremony in little Lincoln, born in March.
"It's actually better than I expected," Bell told Ellen DeGeneres of motherhood. "It's pretty wonderful." Bell boasted that "Parenthood" star Shepard is "the best" dad. "It's like he's just made a new best friend," she explains. "He just talks to her all the time. And sings to her all day. It's wonderful."
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite