Kristen Stewart: I understand 'the whole love triangle thing' in 'Twilight'
- Photo: Ian Wilson/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 18
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA6 of 18
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 18
- Photo: FameFlynet/NPG10 of 18
- Photo: Paul Hebert/Retna Digital11 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Kristen Stewart 's July fling with director Rupert Sanders wasn't exactly as epic and supernatural as Bella Swan's relationships with a vampire (real-life love Robert Pattinson) and a werewolf (Taylor Lautner) in the "Twilight"Saga.
Still, fans were reminded of Stewart's notorious affair as the 22-year-old actress promoted "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" in Tokyo on Wednesday. Speaking at a fan event, Stewart got philosophical and empathetic about her character's complicated connections to Edward (Pattinson) and Jacob (Lautner).
"As a woman, I think it's really important not to discredit feelings," she explained of Bella's attachments to both men. "There weren't too many difficulties with the whole love triangle thing. I mean, she needs Jacob in her life."
She continued: "If you can get past conventions and what everyone else is thinking, then you can have what you want. [Bella, Edward and Jacob] get to a point where they get to have everything and that's nice."
Having cautiously reconciled in private last month, Stewart and Pattinson, 26, embarked on their own "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" promo tours, with Pattinson touching down in Australia earlier this week.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kristen Stewart: I Understand "the Whole Love Triangle Thing" in Twilight
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite