Kristen Stewart: I understand 'the whole love triangle thing' in 'Twilight'
- Photo: Ian Wilson/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 18
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA6 of 18
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 18
- Photo: FameFlynet/NPG10 of 18
- Photo: Paul Hebert/Retna Digital11 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback PlansMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:24:00 AM
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' Review: Scott Bakula Steers CBS's Competent ExpansionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:18:00 AM
- Comic Book Overload: Why TV Has Gone to the SuperheroesMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:09:00 AM
- Paula Deen Returns to 'Today' Show After N-Word Fiasco to Apologize and Make Some MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:06:00 AM
- 'Black-ish' Creator Goes for Specific Stereotypes While Telling a Universal StoryMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 7:00:00 AM
- VIDEO: Paula Deen Returns to Today, Reveals Comeback Plans
Kristen Stewart 's July fling with director Rupert Sanders wasn't exactly as epic and supernatural as Bella Swan's relationships with a vampire (real-life love Robert Pattinson) and a werewolf (Taylor Lautner) in the "Twilight"Saga.
Still, fans were reminded of Stewart's notorious affair as the 22-year-old actress promoted "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" in Tokyo on Wednesday. Speaking at a fan event, Stewart got philosophical and empathetic about her character's complicated connections to Edward (Pattinson) and Jacob (Lautner).
"As a woman, I think it's really important not to discredit feelings," she explained of Bella's attachments to both men. "There weren't too many difficulties with the whole love triangle thing. I mean, she needs Jacob in her life."
She continued: "If you can get past conventions and what everyone else is thinking, then you can have what you want. [Bella, Edward and Jacob] get to a point where they get to have everything and that's nice."
Having cautiously reconciled in private last month, Stewart and Pattinson, 26, embarked on their own "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" promo tours, with Pattinson touching down in Australia earlier this week.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kristen Stewart: I Understand "the Whole Love Triangle Thing" in Twilight
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Britney's new bachelorette status on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite