Kristen Stewart: I understand 'the whole love triangle thing' in 'Twilight'
- Photo: Ian Wilson/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 18
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA6 of 18
- Photo: FUTURE IMAGE/StarTraks7 of 18
- Photo: WENN8 of 18
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 18
- Photo: FameFlynet/NPG10 of 18
- Photo: Paul Hebert/Retna Digital11 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: APL/WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- Shia LaBeouf given plea deal deadline in courtMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:27:09 AM
- Do Supernatural Shows Need a Human Element?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:14:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan Questions
Kristen Stewart 's July fling with director Rupert Sanders wasn't exactly as epic and supernatural as Bella Swan's relationships with a vampire (real-life love Robert Pattinson) and a werewolf (Taylor Lautner) in the "Twilight"Saga.
Still, fans were reminded of Stewart's notorious affair as the 22-year-old actress promoted "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" in Tokyo on Wednesday. Speaking at a fan event, Stewart got philosophical and empathetic about her character's complicated connections to Edward (Pattinson) and Jacob (Lautner).
"As a woman, I think it's really important not to discredit feelings," she explained of Bella's attachments to both men. "There weren't too many difficulties with the whole love triangle thing. I mean, she needs Jacob in her life."
She continued: "If you can get past conventions and what everyone else is thinking, then you can have what you want. [Bella, Edward and Jacob] get to a point where they get to have everything and that's nice."
Having cautiously reconciled in private last month, Stewart and Pattinson, 26, embarked on their own "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" promo tours, with Pattinson touching down in Australia earlier this week.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kristen Stewart: I Understand "the Whole Love Triangle Thing" in Twilight
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite