Kristen Wiig chops off her hair
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Cindy Ord/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: Gregory Pace/BEImages/Rex USA4 of 10
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Eva Rinaldi/Retna Ltd.7 of 10
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA8 of 10
- Photo: Erik Pendzich/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Kristen Wiig's new bob was the talk of the evening on Tuesday, Jan. 7, when the comedic actress arrived at the Los Angeles premiere of her TV mini-series The Spoils of Babylon. Wiig, who has made a name for herself outside of her quirky Saturday Night Live characters, made quite the statement stepping onto the carpet.
Not only did she stand out in her embellished cocktail dress, which featured intricate embroidery, but she also showed off her trendy new bob haircut. The 40-year-old actress has been rocking a dark brown hair color lately, but this was her first public appearance featuring the shorter 'do.
On Dec. 19, she visited the Late Show With David Letterman, flashing a wavy version of the bob, but Tuesday night's screening was her first official carpet appearance with the freshly-cut tresses.
Wiig has been stepping up her style game this awards season, attending numerous events for her film The Secret Life of Walter Mitty -- which stars Ben Stiller in the title role.
At a Dec. 18 screening for the film, she turned heads by wearing a giant black Michael Kors bowtie on top of her white blouse and black pants.
And she's not only getting adventurous with her style. Wiig's TV mini-series The Spoils of Babylon was created by Funny or Die and is essentially an extended spoof, featuring a star-studded cast including Tobey Maguire, Jessica Alba, Will Ferrell, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, and Val Kilmer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite