Kristin Davis on Motherhood: The Most Rewarding Thing I've Ever Done
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Craig Blankenhorn/New Line Cinema10 of 13
- Photo: ALASTAIR GRANT/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
By Carrie Bell and Chris Gardner
Kristin Davis has discovered the ultimate fulfillment with her newest role: motherhood.
"It is the most rewarding thing I've done in my life," gushed Davis, who became a mother last fall through a domestic adoption. Her daughter, Gemma Rose Davis, is now six months old, and Davis is loving every minute of their mother-daughter partnership. "We don't have our teeth yet. We're trying to crawl and talk, but haven't mastered either," detailed the actress, who is single and has never been married.
Wonderwall caught up with the "Sex and the City" star at the premiere of her newest film, the action sequel "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" co-starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Vanessa Hudgens and Josh Hutcherson.
And while Davis dished on working with The Rock ("He's a lovely singer"), playing mother to Hutcherson ("Young Hollywood has gotten a bad rap, but he's the opposite of all those things") and filming in Hawaii ("It never stops being gorgeous"), it was discussing her daughter, Gemma, that brought a twinkle to Davis' eye.
RELATED: 2012's Celeb Baby Brigade
"Life at home is great. She's great," said Davis, who hasn't disclosed any additional details about the adoption. "She's super healthy. She's a very good baby. Content. She's perfect and beautiful."
If all the bliss talk seems too much, that's exactly the point. "I don't want to tell any embarrassing stories about her," joked Davis, who isn't planning to report on dirty diapers or baby vomit. "I always feel like that's not fair, because she can't defend herself yet."
That's a very Charlotte-like thing to do, and we are definitely OK with that.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite