Kristen Stewart Points the Finger(s) at the Paparazzi: 'A Lot of the Time I Can't Handle It'Related: Hot Gossip, Kristen Stewart
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Elle UK/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Kristen and Taylor embark on a boat ride in Sydney/Splash News3 of 8
- Photo: Kristen poses with fans after a Sydney press conference/Snapper Media/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: TitoMedia.com.au/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital6 of 8
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apoMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:48:07 PM
- Review: Spirited, sexy version of 'Master Builder'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:42:37 PM
- Lease to Broadway's biggest theater soldMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:31:38 PM
- Blossoming VOD Service Viewster Adds BBC's 'Skins,' Starz and Shine ProgrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:26:11 PM
- Ray Manzarek Death: 5 Must-See Performances (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 4:23:37 PM
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' Star Dylan O'Brien Eyed for DreamWorks&apo
Kristen Stewart's relationship with the paparazzi has apparently gone from uneasy to downright unpleasant. Long uncomfortable with the attention that has come from playing Bella Swan, the sullen squeeze of everyone's favorite sparkle vamp, the "Twilight" star is openly expressing her frustration.
On Sunday, paparazzi caught her sucking on a cancer stick on a hotel balcony in Sydney, Australia, where she's promoting the heck out of "Eclipse" with co-star Taylor Lautner. Unhappy with the intrusion, Kristen, 20, gave the shutterbugs a double flip-off while still holding her cigarette between her lips.
A little later, the flashbulbs once again sent the actress's middle digits upwards, this time during a jet boat ride around Sydney Harbor with Lautner.
"She was just in a bad mood because of the photographers," an eyewitness tells Radar Online. "She sprinted along the wharf trying to get away. She was swearing at them and tried running into a restaurant, but the door was locked. She was saying, 'Stop taking my picture.'"
RELATED: See more pics of Kristen
So deep does Kristen's lensmen loathing run that she spends a good portion of her sit-down with the July issue of Elle UK talking about how violated she feels by their presence.
"What you don't see are the cameras shoved in my face and the bizarre intrusive questions being asked, or the people falling over themselves, screaming and taunting to get a reaction," she says. "All you see is an actor or a celebrity lit up by a flash."
If Stewart had stopped there, she would have been fine. She might have even elicited sympathy over her loss of privacy. But then she overstates her case by comparing the spotlight that has brought her worldwide fame, untold riches, limitless professional opportunities and a rumored boyfriend in her on-screen leading man, Robert Pattinson, to a horrific and heinous crime.
"It's so ... The photos are so ... I feel like I'm looking at someone being raped," she states. "A lot of the time I can't handle it. It's [bleeped]. I never expected that this would be my life."
And we never expected K.Stew to sound so insensitive. Yeah, it sucks that the paparazzi won't leave her alone, but then again, she recently enjoyed a hush-hush getaway with R.Pattz at a luxury hotel without a single image being snapped.
RELATED: Kristen: 'People say I'm miserable'
At least she softened her stance during an interview on Monday with an Australian radio station.
"When there are photographers outside it's annoying for five minutes and then you get back to your life," said Stewart (via the Herald Sun), who joined Lautner in greeting the 4,000-plus screaming Twi-hards who turned out for their Sydney press conference on Monday night.
And contrary to her apathetic reputation, "It really bothers me when people write nasty [bleep] about me and the perception is that I don't give a [bleep]," Kristen points out to Elle UK. "It could not be further from the truth."
As for her love life, "People always ask me if I'm dating Robert," she allows. "It's beyond annoying."
When the reporter walks through that slightly opened door with the obvious question, Stewart tap-dances around an answer.
"What I say is, that, why would I want anything that's private to become entertainment for other people?" she opines. "People say that if I just tell them everything I'll be left alone, but God, you think if I tell people they'll leave me alone? They pick up every little scrap, and that's much worse."
Still, the interviewer implies that Kristen willingly, if nervously, showed off a picture of Pattinson posing with his arm around her and her kitty.
"It's so weird, that you have to be worried about people seeing things," says the actress. "You want to be excited about something, normal people can be excited about their lives, and I am, too, but it's such a different thing. It comes out as entertainment for other people and that makes me want to throw up."
Read more Hot Gossip
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite