Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld: Drew Barrymore's Bridal Look Was Perfect
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Peter/NPG6 of 16
- Photo: Dean/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: FRIOLO, Kido/NPG8 of 16
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: NPG10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: VT/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Fantastic Four' Moved Into 'Assassin's Creed' Release MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 2:49:00 PM
- NFL Domestic Abuse Scandal Is a Wake-Up Call and May Finally Bring ChangeMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 2:33:00 PM
- Real-Life Jerry Maguire: NFL Must Respond to Domestic Abuse Fiasco, But Don't Villainize RoMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 2:18:00 PM
- Metro Los Angeles Removes 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads for 'Offensive LanguMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:44:00 PM
- 'Super 8's' Gabriel Basso Joins Tom Hanks in Meg Ryan's DirectorMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 1:29:00 PM
- 'Fantastic Four' Moved Into 'Assassin's Creed' Release
NEW YORK (AP) -- Karl Lagerfeld couldn't be more pleased with his latest creation: Drew Barrymore's wedding gown.
The 78-year-old Chanel designer described the pleated muslin and organza dress with a ruffled collar as "perfect" for the pregnant bride.
"I love her. She's great," Lagerfeld said Wednesday at the opening of an exhibit celebrating Chanel's signature Little Black Jacket that was curated by Lagerfeld and former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld.
Barrymore, 37, married art consultant Will Kopelman on June 2 at her Montecito, Calif., home.
Lagerfeld says he's known Kopelman, the son of former Chanel CEO Arie Kopelman, since he was a child.
He said he and Barrymore tried several options before settling on the custom gown featuring feathers, embroidered flowers and a black satin belt.
His advice for dressing up with a baby bump?
"Be comfortable, even in the wedding dress," he said.
Some of Lagerfeld's other celebrity friends, including Linda Evangelista, joined him at the SoHo gallery event that also launched his new book. "The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld" features men, women and children wearing the classic piece in creative ways, seeing the jacket transformed into a head wrap or a miniskirt.
For one photo, Kanye West poses casually in a version of the jacket with a T-shirt and jeans, while in another Sarah Jessica Parker wears a crown and lets the jacket playfully billow behind her head.
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite