Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld: Drew Barrymore's Bridal Look Was Perfect
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Peter/NPG6 of 16
- Photo: Dean/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: FRIOLO, Kido/NPG8 of 16
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: NPG10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: VT/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Facebook Slapped With $123 Million Lawsuit Over 'Revenge Porn' PageMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:45:00 PM
- Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix's 'Grace & Frankie'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:16:00 PM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
NEW YORK (AP) -- Karl Lagerfeld couldn't be more pleased with his latest creation: Drew Barrymore's wedding gown.
The 78-year-old Chanel designer described the pleated muslin and organza dress with a ruffled collar as "perfect" for the pregnant bride.
"I love her. She's great," Lagerfeld said Wednesday at the opening of an exhibit celebrating Chanel's signature Little Black Jacket that was curated by Lagerfeld and former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld.
Barrymore, 37, married art consultant Will Kopelman on June 2 at her Montecito, Calif., home.
Lagerfeld says he's known Kopelman, the son of former Chanel CEO Arie Kopelman, since he was a child.
He said he and Barrymore tried several options before settling on the custom gown featuring feathers, embroidered flowers and a black satin belt.
His advice for dressing up with a baby bump?
"Be comfortable, even in the wedding dress," he said.
Some of Lagerfeld's other celebrity friends, including Linda Evangelista, joined him at the SoHo gallery event that also launched his new book. "The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld" features men, women and children wearing the classic piece in creative ways, seeing the jacket transformed into a head wrap or a miniskirt.
For one photo, Kanye West poses casually in a version of the jacket with a T-shirt and jeans, while in another Sarah Jessica Parker wears a crown and lets the jacket playfully billow behind her head.
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite