Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld: Drew Barrymore's Bridal Look Was Perfect
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Peter/NPG6 of 16
- Photo: Dean/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: FRIOLO, Kido/NPG8 of 16
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: NPG10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: VT/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
NEW YORK (AP) -- Karl Lagerfeld couldn't be more pleased with his latest creation: Drew Barrymore's wedding gown.
The 78-year-old Chanel designer described the pleated muslin and organza dress with a ruffled collar as "perfect" for the pregnant bride.
"I love her. She's great," Lagerfeld said Wednesday at the opening of an exhibit celebrating Chanel's signature Little Black Jacket that was curated by Lagerfeld and former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld.
Barrymore, 37, married art consultant Will Kopelman on June 2 at her Montecito, Calif., home.
Lagerfeld says he's known Kopelman, the son of former Chanel CEO Arie Kopelman, since he was a child.
He said he and Barrymore tried several options before settling on the custom gown featuring feathers, embroidered flowers and a black satin belt.
His advice for dressing up with a baby bump?
"Be comfortable, even in the wedding dress," he said.
Some of Lagerfeld's other celebrity friends, including Linda Evangelista, joined him at the SoHo gallery event that also launched his new book. "The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld" features men, women and children wearing the classic piece in creative ways, seeing the jacket transformed into a head wrap or a miniskirt.
For one photo, Kanye West poses casually in a version of the jacket with a T-shirt and jeans, while in another Sarah Jessica Parker wears a crown and lets the jacket playfully billow behind her head.
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite