Chanel's Karl Lagerfeld: Drew Barrymore's Bridal Look Was PerfectRelated: Drew Barrymore
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/AP1 of 16
- Photo: People/Promotional2 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: Peter/NPG6 of 16
- Photo: Dean/NPG7 of 16
- Photo: FRIOLO, Kido/NPG8 of 16
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: NPG10 of 16
- Photo: Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Lawrence Schwartzwald/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: VT/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: NPG15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Today' Replacing, Promoting Longtime Director Amid 'Many Changes&apoMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:04:00 PM
- Obama's FCC Pick Tom Wheeler Appears Before Senate CommitteeMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:39:13 PM
- 'Devil' No More? BitTorrent 'Arthur Newman' Promotion Generated MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:22:25 PM
- Ratings: CNN's 'New Day' Premieres to Lukewarm NumbersMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:13:56 PM
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Logan Marshall Green on Cinemax Pilot 'Quarry' (ExclMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:09:01 PM
- 'Today' Replacing, Promoting Longtime Director Amid 'Many Changes&apo
NEW YORK (AP) -- Karl Lagerfeld couldn't be more pleased with his latest creation: Drew Barrymore's wedding gown.
The 78-year-old Chanel designer described the pleated muslin and organza dress with a ruffled collar as "perfect" for the pregnant bride.
"I love her. She's great," Lagerfeld said Wednesday at the opening of an exhibit celebrating Chanel's signature Little Black Jacket that was curated by Lagerfeld and former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld.
Barrymore, 37, married art consultant Will Kopelman on June 2 at her Montecito, Calif., home.
Lagerfeld says he's known Kopelman, the son of former Chanel CEO Arie Kopelman, since he was a child.
He said he and Barrymore tried several options before settling on the custom gown featuring feathers, embroidered flowers and a black satin belt.
His advice for dressing up with a baby bump?
"Be comfortable, even in the wedding dress," he said.
Some of Lagerfeld's other celebrity friends, including Linda Evangelista, joined him at the SoHo gallery event that also launched his new book. "The Little Black Jacket: Chanel's Classic Revisited by Karl Lagerfeld and Carine Roitfeld" features men, women and children wearing the classic piece in creative ways, seeing the jacket transformed into a head wrap or a miniskirt.
For one photo, Kanye West poses casually in a version of the jacket with a T-shirt and jeans, while in another Sarah Jessica Parker wears a crown and lets the jacket playfully billow behind her head.
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite